Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Getting Started


This is my very first attempt at "blogging", so writing about math in this venue is all quite new to me. I just returned from a technology conference in Denver last week and have decided to jump into the whole Web 2.0 Learning with both feet. To be honest, I am really excited about it all. I feel that the collaboration that is involved in the whole process can only make me a better teacher and my students better for it!

Today in some of my spare time I revisited a site that I shared with another teacher at the elementary level. It is a really good one! Math Wire is a site that is created by teachers for teachers...lots of creative ideas and all related to the math standards. You will actually be able to spend quite a bit of time exploring this site. While it is geared more for elementary students, I have found several activities that I can use with my 8th graders with just a little bit of tweeking. Try it out and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to the first blogger I actually know! Maybe I'll take the plunge.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete