Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week

Here is a collection of great education quotes that I have collected and added to over the years and made into a powerpoint. I have used this powerpoint at teacher in-services and like to have it playing as teachers walk into the room before meetings start. In fact, that is how my powerpoint collection got started. I arrived early at a seminar one day, and the speaker had a powerpoint of quotes going across the screen. It kept me entertained, and some of the quotes made me reflect on why I became a teacher in the first place. Sometimes it helps to think back on what we do and why we do it. Sometimes we just need to smile. Regardless, I am sure you will find a quote or two that you will love in this collection. Want to know one of my favorite teacher quotes of all time? You will not see it in the powerpoint, but I have kept it on the front of my gradebook ever since I began teaching back in 1977..."All students are gifted- they just open their packages at different times!" Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. I love quotations! Thank you for sharing. You might want to tinker with the font a bit, though---when I viewed it on box.net, the first few quotes were so big that the top and bottom lines were missing. (I gave up viewing online and downloaded the file. Perhaps it will work better that way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. I think I have it fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I downloaded the fixed version for browsing someday. BTW, here's my own quotes list (or at least, the ones I've gotten around to putting online --- I have a bursting-at-the-seams 3-ring binder on my desk), if you'd like to browse...

    ReplyDelete