Friday, May 6, 2011

I Know

Here is a variation on Bingo to use as a math review activity. I haven't played it in a couple of years, and I forgot how fun it can be. It is super simple to prepare for and best of all it requires every student to participate in the review. I create game cards with IKNOW replacing Bingo at the top. Students fill in the "I Know" game card with numbers 1-24 and a free space in any order that they want. Once students have their game cards prepared, I put review problems on the board for students to solve on their whiteboards. Students leave their boards on their desk until I ask for students to show if they "Know" the answer. Only students who get the answer correct can cross out a number that I call out. The nice thing about having students "show what they Know" on whiteboards is that I get a really good idea of what students understand and what they might need additional work on before the test.When students get five boxes in a row on their game card they call out "I Know!" I always keep a bunch of fun rewards and prizes around to pass out to the winners. This game will keep everyone involved and allow for plenty of quality review at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment